Monday, June 24, 2013

Terracotta End Table (my first guest post)

Happy Monday! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was full of packing and cleaning. I only have a little over a month left for sure in Columbia. I guess I better figure out where I'm going next...

Anyway, I have some exciting news: I recently made internet friends with Lisha from One House One Couple. She and her husband Kyle blog about all the adventures and projects that come with renovating a house into a home. She very graciously invited me to guest post on their corner of the internet. I had to come up with something really cool to share with them and their readers. The result was this little table made out of terracotta pots that I'm pretty much in love with.



You can see my hands and the camera in the coffee reflection if you look closely... Want to learn how to make it? You can find the tutorial here as well as all the other projects on One House One Couple.




Did you notice some of the fancier pictures? Margaret helped me step it up a bit. Thanks Margaret.

The only tricky part was drilling holes into the top pot and saucer. Have you ever drilled though terracotta before? It was way harder than I expected. I'd love to hear what you think about it!

Sheila :)

P.S. Some of you might remember the signs of trial and error from my facebook page. This table was to blame. Be more careful than I was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...