Thursday, May 30, 2013

Honesty Alert: Alone Time

I always enjoy long drives. Audio books, car singing, and pretend conversations. After the eight hours to Florida and back, it makes me wonder if anyone else loves this type of alone time as much as I do.

Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs Test? The real one is long, and you have to pay for it but there are plenty of free shorted versions online. I took one this year and was a little surprised with the results. I am an INFJ, which I may seem to be extroverted but after too much time spent around others I have to shut myself away for a time to recharge. This is SO TRUE. I love people, but I love being alone too. Maybe it's all the moving around, or maybe it's just closed social recluse in me, but I crave alone time like chocolate and naps. It's energizing, enlightening, and invigorating. It's just amazing to me, how everyone can be so uniquely human. Some people need someone around them at all times. They will go to a place they don't want to be so they can be around others. They thrive in large social settings. They don't have to be the center of attention, but they have to be near the center of the action.Some people enjoy the company of their close friends but prefer to spend time in small, intimate groups. They are interested in a deep connection and are far less concerned with the lives of others outside that circle. Some people avoid others if at all possible. They are more than happy to be alone. A large party sounds like a punishment. The thrive on quiet and calmness.

So, essentially, someone can be lonely for people around them or lonely for the company of solitude. 
Where are you on that scale? Do you think your Myers-Briggs type is accurate? I'd love to know.

Sheila :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...