Friday, August 16, 2013

Weekend Inspiration: Cardboard Boxes

Guess what blogland? I GOT A JOB. As in, a full-time, long term, no longer on a poverty living stipend job. And I'm crazy excited about it. This means that next week I'll be moving all of my stuff into a new apartment all by myself in a new city. Which also means you can be expecting lots of renter friendly homey projects. It seemed only fitting that with this big event on the horizon, the WI theme be cardboard boxes.



Cover sturdy boxes to turn them into pretty storage boxes. I would imagine this would help make them more durable as well.


This lighting fixture made from recycled cardboard is for sale at Folklore. The crafty ambitious among us could totally DIY it though.


How stinkin' cute is this kitchen set for kids? You can find instructions on each piece here.


These hanging files were made with cardboard lids as a base.


This blog has so many cool ideas for cardboard. I may have gotten a little distracted from writing this post looking through all of them. What I found most handy are her tips for working for cardboard (with a round up of her different projects down at the bottom).


Because everyone needs a cardboard plane in their lives.


An Instructable for a cardboard Christmas tree! Keep an eye out in December, you better believe this will be making an appearance again.


A little, simple cardboard doll bed.

Welp, I'm off to help my Mom get her kindergarten classroom ready for the first day of school and enjoy my last few days of family time before the big move. More details on that to come :)

What are you up to this weekend? Have you made many things out of carboard? I'd love to know!

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...