Thursday, February 13, 2014

Last Minute Valentine Idea! (3 Day Snowpocalypse/Craftathon)

As everyone has heard by now, the south got slammed with Winter Storm Pax this week which has resulted in my work being closed for 3 days. Growing up in Florida, we never had snow days. Hurricanes days, yes. Snow days, no. Even though I lived in Montana I don't think I ever had a snow day until this week. I can't even imagine how much snow would be required to shut everything down there... *shudders with snowy thoughts* But here in the south, where snow is possible but not necessarily expected it only takes a few inches to shut it down. That said, I finished the Valentine's I would be giving out if civilization in Greenville is allowed to continue again. 




I tore the existing tag off a tea bag, folded washi tape over it and cut it into a heart shape. It took about 30 seconds. I just happened to have these little cello bags so I put the tea bag in there to give away. I couldn't resist the urge to incorporate a pun ("You're my cup of tea!"). Sealed the bag with another little piece of washi tape and it's all ready to give away to coworkers or friends.



I have made the most of these snow days. By that, I mean I've slept in, stayed in pajamas, eaten junk food, and watched wayyyyy to many movies. AND crafting!  Scrapbooking, crocheting, sewing, printing. The life and times of a lazy crafter. It's been wonderful :)

Wherever you are I hope you're safe, warm, and have everything you need to make fun last minute valentines. How did you spend your snow days? Did you make anything? I'd love to know!

Sheila

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...