Monday, May 20, 2013

Lazy Breakfast Mocha

Breakfast is the best meal, ever.


Whenever I'm back home, my Dad always makes a big breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon, and my particular favorite, breakfast potatoes. I have it on good authority that Dad makes this feast for Mom every Sunday morning before church. It's pretty adorable. Whenever I've had a particularly long week, or feel that twinge of homesickness, I make a big weekend breakfast.

But during the week I don't have time for such a breakfasty, nostalgic smorgasbord. I'm usually running out the door grabbing whatever is easy and filling. And this delicious breakfast mocha is both easy AND filling. Having it with a "Dad breakfast" is the perfect way to bring together an old tradition and a new one.


You will need:
1/4 cup milk, way less than pictured here... I got overzealous.
1/3 cup, or 1 packet, Chocolate Carnation Breakfast Essentials
Enough coffee to fill the rest of the cup, I used cold but it's just as good hot


Mix it all together.


Enjoy it knowing that using Breakfast Essentials instead of cocoa mix means it contains protein, and essential vitamins and minerals instead of just empty calories. But it's every bit as delicious. I'm ravenous in the morning and could eat a dinner portion for breakfast if I had time. Instead, a normal weekday breakfast might be one of these with an english muffin and a hard-boiled egg. Perfect.


Isn't it funny how the smallest traditions can remind us of home and loved ones.

Do you have any meals that always take your heart home? I'd love to know.

Sheila :)

PS. I had already eaten half of the breakfast before I thought to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...