Friday, June 28, 2013

Weekend Inspiration: 4th of July

I asked my Mom yesterday what I should use as a theme for Weekend Inspiration. Her answer: "Well the 4th of July is Thursday so..."

"WHAT? That's the next week."

"Nope. It's in 7 days."

"I refuse to accept that."

Seeing as the calendar doesn't care about my refusal, I guess I better find some great stuff to celebrate Independence Day!


I love that this banner isn't the usual stars and stripes but just as patriotic. From the Shabby Scrapper on Etsy.


Chocolate dipped frozen popsicles from Just a Taste would be the perfect treat. 

This recipe from Whipperberry uses Jell-o to make multi-colored popcorn. I'm curious to try it.

Such a simple idea from BHG to use little flags as napkin rings. Then everyone gets a napkin AND a flag to wave during fireworks. 

Is there any dessert with a better ease-to-taste ratio than Rice Krispies Treats? Nope. And the color added by Lil' Luna makes them extra special. 


First, we can all admire the silly face on the kiddo in the corner. Second, this wreath from Tell It To Your Neighbor is made out of paper cups! So neat! 



 What a fun idea for a pie crust from Cosmo Cookie


This tutorial from Whimsical Whimsies looks pretty easy and would make a perfect party decoration.


4th of July citronella candles from Alpha Mom. Decorate AND keep the bugs away from the outdoor festivities.

Hope you have a great weekend! Any fun plans in the works? I'd love to know!

Sheila :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts or subscribe using the buttons on the top right so we can get together again soon. Thanks friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...